Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June ( !!! )





It's June already! Oh my, I have a lot of pictures to share, starting with this quilt. My Mom sent me some fat quarters for my birthday, although I loved the fabrics I knew my Mom would love even more to get them back made into something for her new house. Forgot to take a photo of the fabrics before I cut into them, but they screamed something "old fashioned" looking. I thought that the hexagons from Jaybird Quilts looked like they could become the perfect layout for what I had in mind........
I'm very pleased with how it turned out. And the label on the back adds (finishes?) just the right touch; and to make it even better the label pattern came from a book that my Mom sent me for my birthday too!

This quilt has been shipped already to Arnegard, North Dakota and is enjoying its new home. I'm pretty sure if I know my Mom, she's already taken it to "hamburgers in the park" and shown it to the whole town.



No comments:

Post a Comment